(The hunger saviour app/ The app that delivers quality food) for passengers at Dubai International Airport
One of the four divisions of the Lagardère group, Lagardère Travel Retail is a pioneering global leader in the travel retail industry. Ewaantech developed a full fledged online food ordering platform for the travellers at Dubai International Airport with with a dedicated super admin dashboard, Kitchen dashboard for order management, delivery app that is compatible with handheld device for printing and scanning.
The app, website, and mobile responsive website include features like flight search API integration to fetch flight data, settings that automate and control ordering based on flight timing and in kitchen processing, Kitchen dashboard to manage all the system that connects boarding gates with pick up location to ensure super easy delivery of the food, Handheld device compatible delivery app with scanning and printing options.
- The client wanted a unique design that portrays their brand identity yet making it super smooth offering great user experience across website, mobile view website and Android and iOS applications
- The client wanted to launch this project in quick and develop the website, mobile view website and Android and iOS applications with the same design base and overcome the overlapping issue between app code and mobile view website code
- Flight API integration was another key challenge to make sure that users are getting real time and accurate data on the flight.
- The requirement to restrict ordering based on the flight time slots and automatic moving to kitchen and cancellation based on time of the flight were major challenges to set up.
- Development of delivery app that is compatible with handheld device for delivery management with printing and scanning functionality was another key challenge in this project.
We have designed the application in a way that easily suits for website, mobile application, and mobile view website , In order to save time and manage the code efficiently, we used flutter code base for website and mobile application with solutions to manage overlapping issue between app code and mobile view website code. This helped us release the website and mobile application in a short time.
The connection between flight API and the system is set up in a way to easily manage restrictions for ordering based on flight schedule, moving the kitchen after order is stopped and to avail cancellation based on flight timing. , The connection between orders and boarding gate is set up in the system by connecting flight API data with pick up location settings to assign orders to correct pick up location based on the boarding gate data from flight API
Flexible and responsive design
The design is the key feature in this project handling the website, mobile view website and mobile application for Android and iOS with same design base offering smooth user experience
The order settings limiting the ordering, processing to kitchen, and cancellation options based on the flight timing data from the API ensured all orders are served without hiccups.
Kitchen Alarm was integrated in the kitchen dashboard to notify the kitchen team to handle orders effectively
Order pick up location linking
Order pick up location linking was done effortlessly using the data from flight API and settings linking the boarding gates with pick up location
Printing and Scanning on delivery app
Delivery app handheld device integration was done for scanning and printing functionality to ensure smooth delivery of orders
PHP Laravel, React.js & Flutter
Custom UI / UX Design
Amazon Cloud Front
The app helped users to plan their flight without worrying about the food during their journey. They could order their favourite food and get it delivered to their boarding gate without any hiccups.
Contact Us for project discussion
Once you fill out this form, our sales representatives will contact you within 24 hours.
Years of experience
Offices across world
Client satisfaction rate